Ireland, Northern Ireland and Scotland Hydrographic Survey project
Welcome to the website of the Ireland, Northern Ireland and Scotland Hydrographic Survey project. The project has been up and running since January 2011 and our work to-date has led to the completion of surveying operations in Scotland while survey operations along the east coast of Ireland will be completed in the spring of 2013. We have also completed the INIS Hydro survey specification. Currently the teams are very busy with data processing and ground truthing.
- Click here to see a video of INIS Hydro work in action
- Click here to access our summer 2012 newsletter
- Click here for a short overview of the INIS Hydro project
- Click here for a summary of the first survey in Ireland undertaken by the Marine Institute
Underpinning all this effort is the successful cross-border co-operation between the seven partners from across the UK and Ireland.
INIS Hydro Project Director
Project funding and duration
- INIS Hydro is part of the EU funded INTERREG IVA Programme, Priority 2, Theme 2: Environment
- Total project costs: £3.2 million
- Match funders: UK Natural Environment Research Council; Northern Lighthouse Board; Maritime and Coastguard Agency
- Project duration: 1 January 2011 - 30 September 2013
The INIS HYDRO project partnership